Entrepreneurs often embark on the journey of building a business with a grand vision in mind — one in which the company flawlessly grows from convoluted concept to well-oiled machine like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon.The reality of running a small business is a bit more chaotic, not to mention expensive. If you’re bootstrapping your company, taking out loans to get off the ground or pouring your hard-earned savings into a business venture, you’ll want to do everything in your power to ensure you’re staying in the black.
- Use Craigslist to salvage items for your home office or brick-and-mortar store
- Try out the barter system
- Utilize free platforms for managing everyday tasks
- Try your hand at marketing and PR instead of outsourcing
- Hire interns or get creative with consultants
- Utilize budgeting apps